Thanks to dentists, a person can receive four implants distributed over their dental arch in the shortest possible time imaginable. The All-On-4 Dental Implants technique is particularly suitable for immediate loading. In the meantime, numerous scientific studies have shown that the success rate with implants subjected to immediate loading is identical to those of traditional methods, provided that the planning and operation are carried out thoroughly by a professional. Here are some advantages to consider:
- New fixed teeth in one day
- No reconstruction (bone graft)
- Less risk of complications
- A single procedure (also possible under total anesthesia)
- Lower costs (compared to 6-8 implants per jaw + bone reconstruction)
- Oral hygiene is easier because there are only 4 implants to clean
- Excellent aesthetics that can be adapted to the needs of each
- Screwed-in prosthesis: if necessary, repair of the prosthesis is easier
- Very good long-term success rates, proven scientifically
Dissatisfied with the choices offered to patients with damaged or missing teeth, Dr. Paulo Malo invented the All-on-4 procedure more than 20 years ago. Since its inception, this procedure has been exceptionally popular and has made Dr. Malo a world leader in implantology and aesthetic dentistry. The All-on-4 procedure eliminates the need for bone grafting, in most cases. Indeed, “traditional” implantation is often the go-to procedure, mainly due to it having a near-100% success rate. In order to securely lay dental implants without bone grafting, the All-on-4 technique positions the two posterior implants in an angle that avoids regions where bone mass is less important, such as those of mandibular sinuses and nerve channels. Thus, even people diagnosed with a lack of bone for traditional implantology can now benefit from dental implants without a bone graft.
Unlike other implantology solutions, the All-on-4 procedure involves installing a fixed prosthesis on the implants. That said, this prosthesis has nothing in common with the removable prostheses that must be removed every night (dentures). As it is firmly anchored to the implants, it does not need to be removed. The new teeth are maintained and cleaned like natural teeth. The All-on-4 procedure, therefore, provides a permanent dentition that looks as natural and as comfortable as real teeth.